Some of my friends working on the kinetic theory want to know the way to go to the grave of Professor Boltzmann. Here I give a piece of information for such friends.
- I assume you are in the center of Vienna. The central cemetery is called “Zentralfriedhof.”
- Go to “Schwarzenbergplatz” and take the tram 71.
- Get off the tram at the station “Zentralfriedhof 2. Tor.” There are two entrances of “Zentralfriedhof”. Do not confuse that station with “Zentralfriedhof 1. Tor.” The “Zentralfriedhof 2. Tor” is much closer to reach the grave of Boltzmann. From “Schwarzenbergplatz” to “Zentralfriedhof 2. Tor”, it takes about 30 minutes.
- The address of Boltzmann’s grave is 14C-1. See the map below.
- There are also graves of famous composers in the group 32A, such as Johann Strauss, Schubert, Beethoven, Brahms.